spark-dev mailing list archives

From chutium <teng....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spark-shell is broken! (bad option: '--master')
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 09:00:20 GMT
an issue 3 - 4 PR, spark dev community is really active :)

it seems currently spark-shell takes only some SUBMISSION_OPTS, but no
APPLICATION_OPTS

do you have plan to add some APPLICATION_OPTS or CLI_OPTS like
hive -e
hive -f
hive -hivevar

then we can use our scala code as scripts, run them direktly via
spark-shell, without compiling, building, packing and so on...

those APPLICATION_OPTS should be some augments for
org.apache.spark.repl.Main right?