spark-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tom Graves <tgraves...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (rc6)
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 15:39:21 GMT
Yes, rc5 and rc6 were cancelled. There is now an rc7.   Unfortunately the Apache mailing list
issue has caused lots of emails not to come through.

Here is the details (hopefully it goes through):

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.0.0!

This patch has minor documentation changes and fixes on top of rc6.

The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc7 (commit 9212b3e):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=9212b3e5bb5545ccfce242da8d89108e6fb1c464

The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc7/

Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

The staging repository for this release can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1015

The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc7-docs/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!

The vote is open until Sunday, May 18, at 09:12 UTC and passes if a
majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.apache.org/

== API Changes ==
We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
possible.

changes to ML vector specification:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc5-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10

changes to the Java API:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc5-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark

changes to the streaming API:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc5-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x

changes to the GraphX API:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc5-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091

coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior

SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior


Tom


On Friday, May 16, 2014 10:22 AM, Mridul Muralidharan <mridul@gmail.com> wrote:
 


So was rc5 cancelled ? Did not see a note indicating that or why ... [1]

- Mridul


[1] could have easily missed it in the email storm though !


On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 1:32 AM, Patrick Wendell <pwendell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
 1.0.0!
>
> This patch has a few minor fixes on top of rc5. I've also built the
> binary artifacts with Hive support enabled so people can test this
> configuration. When we release 1.0 we might just release both vanilla
> and Hive-enabled binaries.
>
> The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc6 (commit 54133a):
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=54133abdce0246f6643a1112a5204afb2c4caa82
>
> The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc6/
>
> Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc
>
> The staging repository for this release can be found at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestratos-1011
>
> The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc6-docs/
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!
>
> The vote is open until Saturday, May 17, at 20:58 UTC and passes if
> amajority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0
> [ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
> http://spark.apache.org/
>
> == API Changes ==
> We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
> a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
> upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
>
 possible.
>
> changes to ML vector specification:
> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc5-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10
>
> changes to the Java API:
> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc5-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark
>
> changes to the streaming API:
> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc5-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x
>
> changes to the GraphX API:
> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc5-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091
>
> coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior
>
> SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior
Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message