spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Spark
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 21:49:38 GMT
Hi guys,

Discussion has proceeded positively, so I'm calling for a community VOTE for the graduation
of Apache Spark (incubating) into a top level project. If this VOTE is successful, then I'll
call an Incubator PMC VOTE in 72 hours, and if that is successful, we’ll submit the project
graduation resolution below into the board agenda for the next Apache board meeting.

So far, I've heard the following VOTEs (implied) during the DISCUSS thread. If you see your
name there is no need to VOTE again and I’ll carry through the VOTE as below. If you want
to change your VOTE, or I got it wrong, let me know and we'll change it.

+1

Matei Zaharia
Reynold Xin
Tathagata Das
Sean McNamara
Patrick Wendell
Mark Hamstra
Chris Mattmann *
Tom Graves
Henry Saputra *
Andy Konwinski
Josh Rosen
Mosharaf Chowdhury
Mridul Muralidharan
Nick Pentreath
Andrew Xia
Haoyuan Li

* - indicates IPMC

Anyone else interested, please VOTE to graduate Apache Spark from the Incubator. I'll try
and close the VOTE on Wednesday and then start the Incubator PMC VOTE on general@incubator.apache.org.

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Spark (incubating) from the Incubator per the resolution below.
[ ] +0 Don't care.
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Spark (incubating) from the Incubator because..

Thanks guys! The resolution is included below.

---

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
public, related to fast and flexible large-scale data analysis
on clusters.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Spark Project", be
and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Spark Project be and hereby is
related to efficient cluster management, resource isolation
and sharing across distributed applications; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Spark" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
Apache Spark Project, and to have primary responsibility for
management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
of the Apache Spark Project; and be it further
Apache Spark Project:

* Mosharaf Chowdhury <mosharaf@apache.org>
* Jason Dai <jasondai@apache.org>
* Tathagata Das <tdas@eecs.berkeley.edu>
* Ankur Dave <ankurdave@gmail.com>
* Aaron Davidson <aarondavidson@berkeley.edu>
* Thomas Dudziak <tomdz@apache.org>
* Robert Evans <bobby@apache.org>
* Thomas Graves <tgraves@apache.org>
* Andy Konwinski <andrew@apache.org>
* Stephen Haberman <stephenh@apache.org>
* Mark Hamstra <markhamstra@apache.org>
* Shane Huang <shane_huang@apache.org>
* Ryan LeCompte <ryanlecompte@apache.org>
* Haoyuan Li <haoyuan@apache.org>
* Sean McNamara <mcnamara@apache.org>
* Mridul Muralidharam <mridulm@yahoo-inc.com>
* Kay Ousterhout <keo@eecs.berkeley.edu>
* Nick Pentreath <mlnick@apache.org>
* Imran Rashid <imran@quantifind.com>
* Charles Reiss <woggle@apache.org>
* Josh Rosen <joshrosen@apache.org>
* Prashant Sharma <prashant@apache.org>
* Ram Sriharsha <harshars@yahoo-inc.com>
* Shivaram Venkataraman <shivaram@apache.org>
* Patrick Wendell <pwendell@apache.org>
* Andrew Xia <xiajunluan@gmail.com>
* Reynold Xin <rxin@apache.org>
* Matei Zaharia <matei@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Matei Zaharia be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Spark, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Spark Project be and hereby is
tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
Incubator Spark podling; and be it further

Incubator Spark podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

---