spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spork?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:43:28 GMT
Yeah, this is true for new jobs, but some organizations have large libraries of Pig scripts
and UDFs. I think what would be ideal is a Pig-to-Scala or Pig-to-Python binding layer similar
to Shark’s sql2rdd. That way you could run your existing Pig scripts, but also call them
from Scala or Python to transition over to these programming languages.

Matei