spark-dev mailing list archives

From Mike <sp...@good-with-numbers.com>
Subject Re: Want to Contribute to spark
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2013 05:30:53 GMT
hilfi alkaff wrote:
> is there any logistic stuff I need to do before I work on a specific
> bug in the JIRA tickets (e.g. do I need to send notification to the
> mailing list that I am working in this bug, etc)?

On this project I haven't seen that.  Go straight to JIRA.

> I plan to tackle the minor and trivial features for now. In this case,
> how should I go about doing this?

If there's no open issue, and the changes are small, then code is the
clearest way to convey intentions, so I just go straight to creating a
pull request.

> Should I just email whoever is opening the tickets?

The person who opened the issue isn't necessarily "in charge of" the
issue, though he/she probably has opinions on it.  Use the usual JIRA
mechanisms: assign it to yourself, or, if you can't, comment in the
issue that you're working on it.  Anyone who's interested in the issue
will get e-mail, through the usual JIRA mechanisms.