spark-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating (RC6)
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 03:06:38 GMT
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Patrick Wendell <pwendell@gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI this vote ends in 8 hours.

I was going to test it on a fully distributed Bigtop cluster, but hit
a few snags. That now will extend into the weekend.

Of course, that's not that big of a deal -- I can always vote on
incubator general once you guys move the vote over there.

The only minor nit for the future I've noticed is that I would
highly encourage you to follow the usual RC practices where
you name all of your artifact as final bits and have a subdirectory
that reflects the RC name. E.g. here's how a very recent
Hadoop RC looks like:
    http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.1-beta-rc0/

Thanks,
Roman.