From Ted Mittelstaedt <t...@ipinc.net>
Subject Re: Linux, Twitter, Mysql, Github, etc, all plan to remove blacklist and whitelist, master and slave.
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2020 03:16:31 GMT
I don't see a problem since blacklist/whitelist are terms the computer
industry just grabbed from hotel reservation desks or some place like
that.  It's not going to stop their use by the general public of course.

As for master/slave those were picked up by mechanical designers and
borrowed for computer programming and I can't imagine 2 more
conservative, stick-in-the-mud groups.  After 2-3 generations you MIGHT
get master/slave excised from computer programming and system admin
documentation but the mechanical people have been using those terms with
machines for over a century and they will _never_ give those
terms up.  Not to mention that in the past quite a lot of white people
have been slaves as whites have enslaved whites for a couple thousand
years before the US was a country.

But I personally don't really care one way or another.

Now I would say that they jumped the shark if they try to get rid of the
terms "male/female" with connectors!

Hopefully everyone realizes that all of this will go away after
November it's just a reaction to the current political Party in Power
in the US.  45 just pardoned yet another of his criminal friends
today so it's like they are now just going all-out trying to destroy
as much stuff as possible before they are booted in November.  It's like
the bank robbers got caught and said "I guess if everyone knows we might
as well rob the bank anyway!"

Ted