From Dominic Raferd <domi...@timedicer.co.uk>
Subject Re: HTTP checks on sending IP
Date Wed, 13 May 2020 05:58:09 GMT
On Wed, 13 May 2020 at 06:27, Pedro David Marco <pedrod_marco@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Not a long time ago, there was an very interesting thread post about the idea of reverse
> check of the website content of sending IP...
>
> To my remember even a "spamassassiner" wrote a plugin for that.
>
> Honouring my terrible (lack of) brain, i cannot find those posts.  Please can anyone
help me to find them or point me to the plugin?

I believe the thread you are referring to is from Feb-Mar 2019 here:
http://spamassassin.1065346.n5.nabble.com/Spam-rule-for-HTTP-HTTPS-request-to-sender-s-root-domain-td154612.html

I was using the OP's suggested rule (which calls his server), but on
checking I see that it has not triggered since 1 October 2019, so I
have now turned it off; presumably he turned off his server facility a
long time ago. He provided the code to set up your own at
https://github.com/mikernet/HttpCheckDnsServer, but I have not tried
this.