From Mauricio Tavares <raubvo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bitcoin ransom mail
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2019 19:07:23 GMT
On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 2:05 PM Giovanni Bechis <giovanni@paclan.it> wrote:

> On 12/11/19 8:00 PM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

as far as I can tell. It is computationally very expensive, to the degree that it isn't safe
to just add it to an existing mail system which does not have a lot of idle CPU and memory
capacity.

> >> it's true that it's unmaintained but I have it running on Perl 5.28 with some
patches and it's still useful every now and then (if you have some spare cpu cycles and you
know what you are doing).
> >> A new ocr plugin could be definetely a better choice.
> >>   Giovanni
> >
> > I asked the project owner if I could put fuzzyocr on github. He said
> > go for it, so it is now at https://github.com/raubvogel/FuzzyOcr.
> >
> Cool,
> you can grab my patches (if they are needed) here:
> http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/ports/mail/p5-FuzzyOcr/patches/

      Will do! But, I do want to ensure your work is acknowledged; if
I wanted to claim someone else's work as mine I would be into
politics. ;)