From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Loads of recent low-scoring snowshoe spam
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2019 21:40:41 GMT
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019, Amir Caspi wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2019, at 10:18 AM, John Hardin <jhardin@impsec.org> wrote:
>>
>> Some of those are following a pattern I've recently noticed - fairly obviously bogus
spamvertising domain URLs with some .gov URLs thrown in as well. I'm assuming that's an attempt
to leverage naïve domain whitelisting. One has a Humane Society URL, I presume the goal is
similar.

> Although they may not be in the spamples I provided, I've also seen .edu links.

Yeah, I'm starting to see those too. Added __URI_DOTEDU to see what it's
worth.

   Our politicians should bear in mind the fact that the American
   Revolution was touched off by the then-current government
   attempting to confiscate firearms from the people.
  3 days until the 78th anniversary of the massacre at Babi Yar
  Disarmament enables genocide - Registration enables disarmament