From "Bill Cole" <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com>
Subject Re: Score in subject differs from score in headers
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2019 17:36:10 GMT
On 6 Sep 2019, at 12:35, Riccardo Alfieri wrote:

> On 06/09/19 17:45, David Galloway wrote:
>
>> For example, I'm looking at an e-mail now with "***** SPAM 5.4 *****"
>> in
>> the subject but "X-Spam-Status: No, score=3.2 required=5.0"
>
> Hi,
>
> since when does SpamAssassin also writes the scores in the subject?

Since pretty much forever, IF it is told to do so...

See the documentation of 'rewrite_header' in 'perldoc
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'

The entire 'rewrite_header' feature is generally a bad idea but people
like it so it has survived.

> It's a cool feature that I probably missed completely :)

It's really not a cool feature. Breaking signatures is obnoxious.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire