From "@lbutlr" <krem...@kreme.com>
Subject Re: SIGCHLD died
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2019 12:50:39 GMT
On 15 Aug 19, at 23:06 , Bill Cole <sausers-20150205@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
> On 15 Aug 2019, at 18:41, @lbutlr wrote:
>
>> I am getting many many pop these errors:
>>
>> spamd: handled cleanup of child pid [89330] due to SIGCHLD: DIED, signal 11 (000b)
>
> How fun... A segfault: something in a worker spamd process ( a child of the master spamd
process reporting the error) tried to access a completely bogus memory address.

> IMHO spamd shouldn't segfault in anything like normal circumstances. It's a Perl script,
so most of the easy ways to segfault are blocked by how how Perl interprets and precompiles
the script.

>> It doesn’t appear to be affecting mail delivery, but still, I’d like to avoid
them.

> Is any scoring being done?

Yes, Spamassassin-milter is checking incoming mail and some few messages are getting encapsulated
into safe-report mails (though I don’t have any of those in the last 24 hours, I never have
very many since I am aggressive about deleting a lot of spam before it even gets o the Junk
folder.

It is possible this is hitting on specific mails (ones too large, perhaps?) or that it is
a new problem since I updated some packages earlier this week.

>>  /usr/local/bin/perl -T -w /usr/local/bin/spamd -c -Q -u spamd -H /var/spool/spamd
-d -r /var/run/spamd/spamd.pid

>> Though o don’t recall how those options are set (they are not in rc.conf like spamass-milter)
>
> That's the normal place on FreeBSD, but you might have set options in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd

Evidently these ar the default flags:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd:
# Set defaults
: ${spamd_enable:="NO"}
: ${spamd_flags="-c -Q -u spamd -H /var/spool/spamd"}

Seems like a strange set of defaults to me.

(bayes files in /car/spool/spamd/s,pamassassion/ are getting at least touched)

--
One of the universal rules of happiness is: always be wary of any
helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual. —Jingo