From "Bill Cole" <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com>
Subject Re: HTML Preheader affected by NORDNS_LOW_CONTRAST
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2019 00:17:52 GMT
On 30 Aug 2019, at 16:11, Jerry Martinez wrote:

> I have noticed an unusually high amount of my HTML emails are being
> tagged
> as spam. The offending rule appears to be:
>
> ScanSA rules applied: (1.8) ...NORDNS_LOW_CONTRAST=1.82

This is an overly simplistic analysis.

No single rule with a score of 1.8 can be called THE reason that a
message is marked as spam by SA. The default spam score threshold for SA
is 5.0, so 1.8 is scarcely more than 1/3 of the cause at a site using
normal settings.

The current default score for NORDNS_LOW_CONTRAST is 1.869 if network
tests are enable (as they are at most sites) so it's a bit unclear where
the value you're seeing comes from. The default score is determined by
analysis of submitted "mass check" logs to the SA project and it has a
limit at 2.5, so it appears that the scoring system is working as
intended. RuleQA is showing that 97.4% of mail matching that rule in the
submitted data sets is spam, in a total corpus that's roughly 60% spam,
40% ham (i.e. skewed towards ham, relative to email in the wild.)

This is not to say that there is no chance of that rule being modified,
just that a simple score reduction isn't going to be the way it's done.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire