From John Schmerold <schmero...@gmail.com>
Subject encoded from
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2019 03:00:08 GMT
Evil doers go to our website, identify the leader, then start phishing.
We have been blocking this by looking for the leader's name in the
"From" field, today a number of phishes passed through our security
filter, when I looked at the headers, I understood why, the bandits are
using this:

F From: =?UTF-8?B?QW5keSAgQnJ5YW4=?= <andybryan@my.com>

Outlook shows the leader's name ("Andy Bryan"), Spamassassin does not.
Any ideas how we can protect our users from this one?

My first inclination is something like this:

score    LOCAL__H_from_encode 5.00
header   LOCAL__H_from_encode From =~ /UTF\-/i

--
John Schmerold
Katy Computer Systems, Inc