From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Scoring by registrar?
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2019 15:12:50 GMT
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019, micah anderson wrote:

> Grant Taylor <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net> writes:
>
> As a Namecheap customer, you are making me want to move. That is good,
> but its also something you should consider, before you block the entire
> registrar: there are a significant number of non-spamming Namecheap
> customers that you would be cutting off if you did this. I understand
> you want to put pressure on Namecheap, but the flip side of that is you
> will be cutting yourself off from those domains in the process.

Note: I don't think "poison pill" treatment is being advocated here, just
"another spam sign along with the rest"...

>> I think there are also lists of domains that have been recently
>> registered.  Which might help if the single use domains were recently
>> registered.
>
> Having such a list would be very helpful for dealing with fast flux.

Day Old Bread et. al.

   The yardstick you should use when considering whether to support a
   given piece of legislation is "what if my worst enemy is chosen to
   administer this law?"
  3 days until the 243rd anniversary of the Declaration of Independence