From Antony Stone <Antony.St...@spamassassin.open.source.it>
Subject Re: Rules for invisible div and 0pt font?
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2019 19:18:54 GMT
On Monday 17 June 2019 at 21:14:36, Amir Caspi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In reviewing today's FNs I came across the following spample:
> https://pastebin.com/9QQVwUY6
>
> There is a div here with display:none, as well as font-size:0px.  The
> spample hits HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST but does not appear to hit any rule
> relating to a hidden div or tiny font.
>
> Does LOW_CONTRAST include font-size too small, or just color too light?  Is
> there a rule for matching display:none?

Is display:none ever used for instructiosn to screen readers for the blind /
visually impaired?

I have no idea whether it is, but it's a potentially legitimate use which
comes to mind.  If not, what is "display:none" actually for?

> If not, may I propose that the following rules be sandboxed?
>
> rawbody	AC_HIDDEN_ELEMENT	/display\s*:\s*none\s*;/
>
> rawbody	AC_HIDDEN_FONT	/font-size\s*:\s*0\s*(?:em|pt|px|%)\s*;/
>
> The font one above could be modified for [0-3] or similar, if we want to
> catch tiny versus literally hidden fonts.

If this feature *is* used for screenreaders, you could be creating a false
positive trap here...

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.