From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: TVD_RCVD_SINGLE hitting
Date Thu, 23 May 2019 21:09:47 GMT
On Thu, 23 May 2019, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> I see. This is another case where local clients hit bunch of rules designed
> to catch remote bots.
>
> I'm thinking if I should disable the rule or if it's better to re-write it
> only to match on remote (untrusted) hosts.

Probably the latter. For an untrusted host, match on any HELO that does
not have a period.

   Are you a mildly tech-literate politico horrified by the level of
   ignorance demonstrated by lawmakers gearing up to regulate online
   technology they don't even begin to grasp? Cool. Now you have a
   tiny glimpse into a day in the life of a gun owner.   -- Sean Davis
  4 days until Memorial Day - honor those who sacrificed for our liberty