From David Jones <djo...@ena.com>
Subject Re: Spammer in white list aka USER_IN_DEF_SPF_WL
Date Thu, 02 May 2019 03:15:13 GMT
On 5/1/19 6:04 PM, RW wrote:
> On Wed, 1 May 2019 10:39:08 -0700 (MST)
> jandev wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>> I tried to send the original email to the email address you
>> requested. But your mail hoster blocks (554 5.7.1) my TLDs.
>
> I doesn't really matter, you posted a link to pastebin on the list.
>
> It passed SPF with the envelope domain bounce.comm06.simpliv.com
> which matches:
>
> def_whitelist_auth *@*.simpliv.com

129.41.222.236 has a senderscore.org score of 94 currently and is listed
in dnswl.org as score but do not block outright.  More importantly, it's
listed in Invaluement (IVM or IVM24):

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/129.41.222.236.html

The email headers that were posted in pastebein.com are from mass
marketer that has a valid unsubscribe header/link.

I wouldn't classify that email as spam unless there were multiple
reports of them not honoring the unsubscribe or not handling abuse
reports.  Every platform has the occassional bad customer that needs to
be kicked off so most RBLs (good ones anyway) will allow for a small
amount of UCE before hitting the threshold to be listed/blocked.

--
David Jones