From Kris Deugau <kdeu...@vianet.ca>
Subject Re: GeoIP2 packages
Date Mon, 06 May 2019 17:03:17 GMT
Alex wrote:
> I'm looking for the GeoIP2 and IP Country packages for fedora/CentOS
> needed for the RelayCountry plugin. I believe there were some license
> changes recently that prevent them from being included with the latest
> distributions?
>
> I believe they also have a ton of dependencies based on the last time
> I tried to build them on my own, including a bunch of maxmind modules.
>
> Of course I could build them from CPAN, but would obviously prefer the
> ease of a package manager. The best approach for getting this all
> working would be greatly appreciated.

See if they're in the EPEL repository (not sure if that's available for
Fedora, but should be available for CentOS).  However, if there are
license changes blocking certain kinds of redistribution they may have
been pulled.

Otherwise, check out cpan2rpm.  You may have to hand-massage the
resulting package build, but if you really need a particular Perl
module, and it's not packaged, cpan2rpm should bootstrap you into a
fairly usable package you can install locally.

-kgd