From Jesse Norell <je...@kci.net>
Subject Re: more spam is getting through :-(
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 17:46:05 GMT
On Mon, 2019-03-18 at 23:11 -0600, Dave Warren wrote:
> I've been pondering this, what happens when you learn a message as
> non-spam and then ham a few minutes later?

(I assume you meant train as non-spam, then retrain as spam, or vice-
versa.)

>  As I understand it you do not need to explicitly --forget,
> SpamAssassin is smart enough to handle this situation, no? And if
> so, learning your Inbox should be fine as long as you move messages
> to Spam (and don't just delete) when appropriate.

I have not checked recently, but TxRep was pretty broken/incomplete
upon retraining messages ~2 years back, see my 3rd message at
https://lists.gt.net/spamassassin/users/204340  The referenced comment
from
https://apache.googlesource.com/spamassassin/+/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/TxRep.pm#1805
 is still the same, so it probably still is.  I think bayes retraining
might handle things better.

--
Jesse Norell
Kentec Communications, Inc.