spamassassin-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with spamassassin update at /usr/bin/sa-update line 1603
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:35:25 GMT
On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:36:38 +0100
mbaldov wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a mailserver with postfix installed (v.2.11.0) on Ubuntu 14.04
> LTS with Amavis, ClamAV and Spamassasins (v. 3.004002)
> Since the last upgrade that I have done next week, the upgrade of new
> signatures fails

The SA rules are not signatures as such. The core rules tend to be
fairly generic, so missing an update here and there isn't that much of a
problem - it's not like missing an antivirus update. 

If you have a problem with reliability there nothing to stop you
running sa-update several times a night. If the rules are up-to-date
sa-update is just a single DNS lookup. 

> Here below there are two manual attempts (wgets):
> One with a bad mirror (1) and one with a good one (2):
> 
> 1)
> wget http://sa-update.spamassassin.org/1853564.tar.gz
...
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... *503 Service Unavailable*
> 2019-02-15 12:47:51 *ERROR 503*: Service Unavailable

This worked for me when I just tried it, and I don't have any recent
sa-update failures.

> 
> So I ask you if it's possible to intervene on the mirror's list with
> some option so that to exclude the bad mirrors.

In the short term you can edit unwanted mirrors out of the MIRRORED.BY
file. It will get replaced after a week (if you don't touch it).
It's worth trying just to see what happens.







Mime
View raw message