From RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Phishing relevant ?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2019 18:46:53 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 10:43:13 +0200
Brent Clark wrote:

> Good day Guys
>
> Just would like to double check something with the community.
>
> Is the plugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Phishing still relevant in
> this day and age?
>
> I have a daily cron entry that wgets the following feed(s):

> https://openphish.com/feed.txt
> http://data.phishtank.com/data/online-valid.csv

According to https://openphish.com/phishing_feeds.html, their file
updates once an hour for free users and every 5 minute for premium
users. The Phishing plugin documentation says that the phishtank feed
updates hourly.

I don't use it myself, so I can't comment on how useful it is, but it
seems to me that with only a daily download you haven't properly tested
it.