From "Bill Cole" <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com>
Subject Re: List for new/novice users of all SpamAssassin headers that can appear with descriptions for understanding?...
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2019 04:18:14 GMT
On 30 Jan 2019, at 20:33, Don Saklad wrote:

> Thank you Martin Gregorie!
>
> Looking for the closest thing to a list for new/novice users of all
> SpamAssassin headers that can appear with descriptions for
> understanding
> the data that can appear at each SpamAssassin header.

This is not really possible.

Run 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf' and read the description of the
add_header directive and the TEMPLATE TAGS section. This will explain
some of the information from SA that can appear in headers.

> It's for new/novice users' curiosity about understanding better the
> data
> in each SpamAssassin header that can appear in messages' headers.

Depending on how you hook SA into your mail system and how it is
configured, messages can have no headers generated by SA ever or any
arbitrary header with a name that starts with "X-Spam-" containing a
wide range of information available to SA in arbitrary formats defined
by the local configuration. Beyond the headers that can be generated by
SA itself, some mechanisms for integrating SA are commonly configured to
add their own headers of their own design containing SA information.

For example, the widely-used cPanel/WHM server management software uses
a custom configuration for Exim (the MTA it uses) which mimics the SA
X-Spam-Report, but does not quite match it. Why? I don't know.

--
Bill Cole