From "Bill Cole" <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com>
Subject Re: Subtest __E_LIKE_LETTER and __LOWER_E listed many times in message header
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2018 18:06:01 GMT
On 9 Dec 2018, at 12:04, Chris Pollock wrote:

> This is probably very trivial and doesn't affect anything except maybe
> the size of the headers but I have to ask. When looking at the headers
> of some ham I noticed - https://pastebin.com/H7euxqVX the two rules I
> mention above are in 72_active.cf. Is there a reason for the number of
> times it's listed? Couldn't each subtest be listed just once instead
> of
> multiple times?

Not with the current documented behavior of the code, given the way
those sub-rules are designed to work together. The goal is to identify
messages which use Latin-script 'e' characters but also use many
non-Latin-script characters which look like 'e' but are not. To make
this determination, the rules require the 'multiple' flag without a cap
on thne number of matches which a 'maxhits' parameter would set.

It is not recommended to routinely add the list of matched sub-rules to
scanned messages.

--
Bill Cole