From "Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." <amitch...@isipp.com>
Subject Re: semi-OT - reporting an organization that ignores unsubscribe requests
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2018 18:15:26 GMT
P.S.  I should have added: the whole jurisdiction issue is, clinically speaking, one of the
most interesting parts of GDPR. I've never seen a law that so broadly asserted that the country
or union from which the law was promulgated will enforce it anywhere and everywhere - it's
pretty damned gutsy.  It will almost certainly be sorted out through lawsuits, and that will
definitely be popcorn time.

> On Nov 21, 2018, at 11:03 AM, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. <amitchell@isipp.com> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 21, 2018, at 8:48 AM, Bill Cole <sausers-20150205@billmail.scconsult.com>
wrote:

>> There is no reason for anyone without a commercial presence in the EU or CH to be
concerned with GDPR.

> Except for the private right of action provided in GDPR, and small claims court in the
U.S.

> And, for entities that spam enough people "in the EU" (for our analysis/explanation of
that, along with why U.S. companies should comply with GDPR, see here: https://www.isipp.com/resources/how-email-marketing-must-comply-with-the-eu-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
 NB:  GDPR does not state anywhere that it applies to EU residents or citizens, only the vague
and ambiguous "in the EU") the language in GDPR that states they will go after anyone, anywhere
in the world.