From Dominic Raferd <domi...@timedicer.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cannot install SpamAssassin on Ubuntu 18.04.1 (gpg not found?)
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:23:17 GMT
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 15:16, RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 16:07:02 +0200
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> > where did it say sa-compile?
>
> It failed when sa-compile was being installed
>
> > nothing with sa-compile.
> >
> > On 25.10.18 14:37, RW wrote:
> > >This is a consequence of Ubuntu (or Debian) splitting off sa-compile
> > >into a separate  package. The error occurred  while checking
> > >sa-compile's dependency, the spamassassin package.
> >
> > this should not happen at all. when sa-compile is installed,
> > spamassassin (and sa-update) should be installed and configured.
>
> I would guess that there was no problem when spamassassin was installed
> and sa-compile was installed later.

I am using SA on Ubuntu 18.04 without any such problems. Looking at the
package changelogs for SA 3.4.1-8 under Debian/Ubuntu they are identical
except that, for Ubuntu 18.04, SA was rebuilt against openssl1.1. The only
sadness is that Ubuntu 18.04 is currently stuck with 3.4.1 (3.4.2 is
available on 18.10).