From Pedro David Marco <pedrod_ma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Small talk.
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2018 08:38:37 GMT

   >On Thursday, October 25, 2018, 7:00:00 AM GMT+2, Mark London <mrl@psfc.mit.edu>
wrote:  > >I started getting very short emails, such as "How are you?"  or "please.

>can we talk please?"  Ok, maybe the latter one is a bit suspicious.
>But in any event, has anyone encountered "small talk" spam emails like
>this before?  I have this big desire to respond and say "No, I'm not
>fine, and we can't talk".  But I doubt that will resolve the issue. :)
>I'm just curious if anyone else has encountered this.  Thanks. - Mark

Hi Mark... usually flushing a normal toilet in zero-gravity is not a good idea, but this time
may be different..
Answer to that email and see what happens. That will give you the chance to observe how the
spammer/hacker behaves....
It is not easy to block emails just becasue they contating a  "how are you?"  sentence.
But in case any user replays, it may beeasier to detect the second spammer email...  far
from perfect but a good FP/FN balance.

-----PedroD