From Sebastian Arcus <s.ar...@open-t.co.uk>
Subject Re: MSGID_SPAM_CAPS fp's hitting messages from The Pension Regulator in UK
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2018 16:10:18 GMT

On 07/04/18 16:52, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Content analysis details:   (5.1 points, 4.0 required)
>
> who did set the *non default* required score to 4.0?
> why did the person not adjust -0.2 for BAYES_00 too?
>
> the scoring of this system is idiotic!
>
> required score here is 5.5 and BAYES_00 is scored to -3.5 while milter
> reject starts with 8.0 so nothing would happen just because *one single*
> rule hti wrongly

Thank you for answering, but really, in effect you haven't answered at
all my question. I was merely trying to understand the MSGID_SPAM_CAPS
rule - and what rationale it is based on. I know I can alter the score
just for it - I was trying to understand what other implications this
might have. I didn't even suggest that SA default config or scoring
needs to change!

And the way I customise the scores are based on the type of emails
received at this particular site. It might seem "idiotic" to you, but
there are reasons for those scores. Not everyone receives the same mix
of email - so it isn't constructive to start calling other people's
scoring "idiotic" just because they are not the same as your own or the
defaults.