From Kris Deugau <kdeu...@vianet.ca>
Subject Re: Body rules hit on Subject
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2018 21:27:31 GMT
Alex wrote:
> Hi,
> I recall a conversation in the past about body rules hitting on the
> Subject of an email, but I don't believe there was ever a solution, or
> I otherwise missed it.
>
> It's now affecting me again, and I hoped someone had some ideas on how
> to prevent body rules from hitting on the subject too since it's
> apparently considered part of the message body?

The only "solution" I've ever come up with is to create a meta rule
group to account for the Subject hit:

body __FOO /foo/
header __SUBJ_FOO  Subject =~ /foo/
meta FOO  __FOO && !__SUBJ_FOO

I have to admit it's annoyed me on occasion that I can't create a single
simple rule that ONLY matches on the message body, but TBH it's never
been important enough in context for me to even commit the above horror.

-kgd