From Benny Pedersen ...@junc.eu>
Subject Re: Barracuda Reputation Block List (BRBL) removal from the SA ruleset
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 15:47:39 GMT
David Jones skrev den 2018-02-05 16:36:

> If you are running a local DNS cache like this list and the SA
> documention recommends, does this really matter?  My MTA should have
> already queried this before SA does it so it should be in the local
> DNS cache and not require a full recursive lookup from the SA rule
> above.

yes it matters with low ttl, non datafeeds have low ttl, so it does not
cache much on dns servers, sadly, this can be avoided in spamassassin
without 2 dns querys

it have always just be low priotet since we all assume datafedds where
is does not matter

> This shouldn't be the case with a local DNS cache with the
> /etc/resolv.conf pointed to 127.0.0.1 or SA dns_server pointed to
> 127.0.0.1.

already done here

>> can lastexternal be solved to only use one query ?
>> as is i think spamassassin should be changed so it can if not already

on top of that bb. is for spamassassin, while b. was for mta stage, so
200% more querys to non datafeeds :/

it should have being one dns zone