From David Jones <djo...@ena.com>
Subject Re: Penalty for no/bad SPF
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:53:09 GMT
On 01/25/2018 11:43 AM, Pedro David Marco wrote:
> Do not forget that accounts in valid servers are hacked oftenly...
>

> ---
> PedroD

I have stated multiple times, I am not recommending whitelist_* entries
for domains with user mailboxes that can be compromised unless there is
a very specific reason to.

For example, this would not be wise or recommended:

whitelist_auth *@nytimes.com

but this would be:

whitelist_auth *@*.nytimes.com

As more an more bulk senders use subdomains with good SPF, DKIM, and
DMARC, this allows us to safelist them if they have a good reputation,
handle abuse reports, have proper opt-out, etc.

--
David Jones