From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Penalty for no/bad SPF
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 22:24:51 GMT
On Wed, 24 Jan 2018, Martin Gregorie wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-01-24 at 16:45 -0500, Joseph Brennan wrote:
>> DMARC is not a standard according to RFC 7489, "Status of This Memo".
>> It's just informational, for those who want to play the game. DMARC
>> is destroying forwarding and mailing lists,
>>
> Could this be why recent releases of the Evolution MUA now send
> forwarded messages as attachments appended to a new message?

I think he was referring to MTA-side forwarding, not forwarding an email
you received (which forward comes *from you*).

> Its annoying, particularly if you're intending to intersperse comments
> in the original message as part of a detailed discussion,

Reply?

> and the more so because this is not an optional feature.

*that* is unjustified.

   Vista is at best mildly annoying and at worst makes you want to
   rush to Redmond, Wash. and rip somebody's liver out.      -- Forbes
  3 days until Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's 262nd Birthday