From "Bill Cole" <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com>
Subject Re: Scoring Issues
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2018 03:24:37 GMT
On 26 Jan 2018, at 17:47 (-0500), Computer Bob wrote:

> My understanding is that spamassassin is configured for razor and
> uribl.
> amavisd-new is configured to call spamassassin so is spamassassin not
> doing the sub calls ?

Not exactly. The command-line 'spamassassin' script is written in Perl
and it uses various Perl modules in the Mail::SpamAssassin::* tree.
Amavisd-new also uses Mail::SpamAssassin::* modules but it does NOT use
the spamassassin script or any other command-line tool.

The effect of this is that it is possible for amavisd-new and
spamassassin to use different configurations for the
Mail::SpamAssassin::* modules. it is clear that this is happening on
your system.

> I see no docs on configuring razor directly in amavis.
> If you could tell me what to look for it would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, I can't help with amavisd-new because I don't use it.
However, it is certain that it is using its own oddball config because
these scores are ridiculous:

It's madness to give SPF_HELO_PASS or SPF_PASS significant scores on
their own. Neither should have a score outside of the -0.01 to 0.01
range: SPF is informative but not probative. These rules somehow got set
intentionally to sabotage-level scores somewhere that only the
amavisd-new process is looking.

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole