From "@lbutlr" <krem...@kreme.com>
Subject Re: Malformed spam email gets through.
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2018 20:44:05 GMT
On 1 Jan 2018, at 10:47, Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:

>> On 1 Jan 2018, at 11:41 (-0500), Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>>> the gross format in RFCs 822,2822 and 5322 describes message-id consisting
>>> of local and domain part, thus is must contain "@".
>
> On 01.01.18 12:17, Bill Cole wrote:
>> No, it does not. Re-read the cited sections. From RFC5322, the ABNF definition:
>>
>>  msg-id          =   [CFWS] "<" id-left "@" id-right ">" [CFWS]
>
> this is the part that says message-id must consist of local and domain
> parts.

No, it doesn't say anything like that.

As I already posted:

> 5322 specifically states: "Though other algorithms will work, it is RECOMMENDED that
the right-hand side contain some domain identifier (either of the host itself or otherwise)
such that the generator of the message identifier can guarantee the uniqueness of the left-hand
side within the scope of that domain."

--
'How come you know all that stuff?' 'I ain't just a pretty face.' 'You
aren't even a pretty face, Gaspode.'