From "Kevin A. McGrail" <kevin.mcgr...@mcgrail.com>
Subject Re: Compiled rulesets and sa-update
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2017 15:00:14 GMT
On 12/15/2017 7:47 AM, Rodney Baker wrote:

> Hi all. I run compiled rulesets on my home mail server (which runs on
> a Raspberry Pi), which I found necessary to reduce CPU utilisation
> when it was running on a Raspberry Pi model A (it worked, but it's now
> on a RasPi 3 which is much better). Do I need to run sa-compile after
> every sa-update run?

Hi Rodney, you'll want to join the mailing list for any future emails.
I moderated you through and bcc'd you so you would get the response.

sa-update changes the rules so if you don't compile the new rules, I am
not sure if you will use the new set uncompiled or the old set
compiled.  So the short answer is, yes, compile the rules any time they
change :-)

regards,
KAM