From Giovanni Bechis <giova...@paclan.it>
Subject Re: MSBL Email Blocklist (EBL) SA usage query
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:43:48 GMT
I haven't any error running spamassassin --lint, will try on production soon.
$ spamassassin -V
SpamAssassin version 3.4.1
  running on Perl version 5.24.3

 Cheers
  Giovanni

On 11/22/17 08:32, Peter wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I am just trying this and getting the same error.  Did you work out how to fix this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

sure if it’s working or not.  Running spamassasin –lint returns a warning:

>       root@mx2:/etc/spamassassin# spamassassin --lint
>
>       Oct 25 09:39:35.403 [15095] warn: Use of uninitialized value in regexp compilation
at /etc/spamassassin/HashBL.pm line 52.

>     ...Kevin
>
>     --
>
>     Kevin Miller
>
>     Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.
>
>     155 South Seward Street
>
>     Juneau, Alaska 99801

from msbl.org <http://msbl.org> and possibly considered packaging this module (available
from this page: http://msbl.org/ebl-implementation.html) with SpamAssassin (perhaps in a forthcoming
release)?  rSpamD already has internal support for the EBL. So I believe the MSBL folks are
for this sort of thing in general.

>     This plugin looks through the message (not just headers) for email addresses which
have been identified as email drop boxes for scams like 419 advance fee fraud.  It then looks
hashes of these addresses up in a blocklist.

>     I'm not affiliated with these folks.  I do however use this module in my setup though
and find it catches a bunch of things we wouldn't have otherwise caught.