From "A. Schulze" <...@andreasschulze.de>
Subject Re: NOTE: Warning to Abusers of Update Servers
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 09:56:05 GMT

Kevin A. McGrail:

> If you are checking the SpamAssassin updates more than 2x a day,
> expect to be blocked in the very near future.&nbsp; We have people
> checking literally every minute and we only release rules currently
> 1x per day.&nbsp; There is no need to check this often!

I use sa-update to update all channels I use. From what I've seen on
"sa-update --debug" the default is to test an dns-record.
( "dig 1.4.3.updates.spamassassin.org. txt" for the main channel )
If the DNS answer indicate the same version no HTTP requests are done.
So it SHOULD not hurt to call sa-update more frequently UNLESS one
have specific scripts that directly connect to the updateservers via
http.

is this assumtion right?

Andreas