From David B Funk <dbf...@engineering.uiowa.edu>
Subject Re: Your header "To: undisclosed-recipients:;" is RFC 822 compliant
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:33:18 GMT
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017, A. Schulze wrote:

> Am 27.10.2017 um 07:15 schrieb @lbutlr:
>> RFC 822 is obsolete, replaced by RFC 2822.
> ... which is obsoleted by RFC 5322 and updated some other RFCs
> see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322

And it still explicitly says that construct is legal:
rfc5322:3.4

    ...       This is done by giving a display name for the group,
    followed by a colon, followed by a comma-separated list of any number
    of mailboxes (including zero and one), and ending with a semicolon.
    Because the list of mailboxes can be empty, using the group construct
    is also a simple way to communicate to recipients that the message
    was sent to one or more named sets of recipients, without actually
    providing the individual mailbox address for any of those recipients.

Anybody can block mail for any reason they want ("my server, my rules"). But if
they claim to do so with RFC justification for this case, then they're playing
in the realm of "Alternative Facts"

#include <std_disclaimer.h>