From Antony Stone <Antony.St...@spamassassin.open.source.it>
Subject Re: Off-topic, was: [Re: MailChimp with link to javascript/zip malware]
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 17:59:08 GMT
On Friday 20 October 2017 at 19:54:08, Anne P. Mitchell Esq. wrote:

> > On Friday 20 October 2017 at 19:29:31, Anne P. Mitchell Esq. wrote:
> >> Anne P. Mitchell,
> >> Attorney at Law
> >
> > I'm intrigued as to what the "Esq." in your From address indicates?
>
> In the U.S., Esq. (short for 'Esquire') means specifically a person who has
> been admitted to the practice of law and who is permitted to represent
> clients

Aha - thank you for that explanation.

I speak British English, and here the word has a quite different meaning,
specifically relating to men only - hence my confusion when seeing it used by
someone called Anne :)

See the first paragraph of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esquire

Thanks,

Antony.

--
"Can you keep a secret?"
"Well, I shouldn't really tell you this, but... no."

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.