From Kris Deugau <kdeu...@vianet.ca>
Subject Re: tflags
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 17:38:46 GMT
Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2017-08-03 10:38, shanew@shanew.net wrote:
>
>> The most common ones that I make use of are "multiple" and "maxhits"
>> in order to allow a rule to be scored for each time it hits, but to
>> stop counting after some threshold.  I also use the "net" tflag so
>> that RBL checks only run when a net-based ruleset is loaded.
>
> Where is the concept of "ruleset" in general documented, and in
> particular what makes it "net-based"?  Not in Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.

"Ruleset" is a somewhat fuzzy term that depends on context - it could
refer to a single rule, a cluster of rules in a single file, a group of
files, or "all active rules files".  It's not a formal definition within
SpamAssassin.  In this case it's referring to one rule - tflags are only
set on a per-rule basis.

Any net-based rule is one that relies on a working Internet connection
to do a data lookup - most commonly DNS lookups, but rules for eg
Vipul's Razor (RAZOR_* rules), DCC, or Pyzor are also considered net
rules since they do a lookup against a network service somewhere.

-kgd