From Kris Deugau <kdeu...@vianet.ca>
Subject Re: SVN rules to sa-update?
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 16:12:01 GMT
Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 8/17/2017 9:56 PM, George Patterson wrote:
>> As a possible workaround, can the entire meta rule be copied into
>> local.cf <http://local.cf>? Will this override the one in
>> 20_meta_test.cf <http://20_meta_test.cf>?
> I don't remember if it will override it.

Stock rules can be "overwritten" by later rule sets - either formal
rules channels, or from files in the local configuration directory (any
.cf file in the same place as local.cf).

For the former it's a bit unfortunate that the official stock rules
channel starts with "u", since the rules channels are loaded in
alphabetical order, but I expect not many people have set up their own
full-on rules channel for distributing their local rule sets.  I did so
a number of years back when I was distributing local rules across four
filter platforms with different SA calling setups.

-kgd