From David Jones <djo...@ena.com>
Subject Re: "bout u" campaign
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 16:23:28 GMT
On 07/13/2017 11:00 AM, Charles Amstutz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For the inexeperienced, what is the difference between lashback and lastexternal.
>

>                  Infinite Systems
>                  Charles Amstutz | Systems Administrator
>                  charlesa@infinitesys.com 402.477.2474
>                  134 S 13th Street, Suite 302 | Lincoln, NE 68508

Search for "lastexternal" on this page:

https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

Basically you should have your internal_networks setup with your
internal network space plus the trusted_networks setup with networks
that you trust to never send spam or if you are POP/IMAP from a
provider.  Then SA can determine the lastexternal IP to check against
and not all hops.

For example, I do score.senderscore.org as lastexternal since it has
such a high score:

header          RCVD_IN_SENDERSCORE_0_29
eval:check_rbl('senderscore0-lastexternal','score.senderscore.com.','^127\.0\.4\.([1-2]?[0-9])$')
describe        RCVD_IN_SENDERSCORE_0_29        Senderscore.org score of
0 to 29
score           RCVD_IN_SENDERSCORE_0_29        5.2
tflags          RCVD_IN_SENDERSCORE_0_29        net

--
David Jones