From Ted Mittelstaedt <t...@ipinc.net>
Subject Re: OT - Possibly some good news
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 16:54:51 GMT
Hi Marc,

There are drugs that will stimulate the production of white blood cells
at a tremendous rate, I was on one of these back in '94 when I was
dealing with my cancer.

It's well known in oncology that everyone always has a few cancer cells
bouncing around in their bodies all the time, but that the immune system
takes care of them.  It's just that cancers grow so fast once they get
established that they overwhelm the immune system.  That's why once you
get diagnosed with cancer your body needs help.

My personal opinion is that there's another factor you aren't mentioning
here and that's whether or not you're a "fighter personality"  AKA
jackass.  In short, do you like to fight?  (you do, I can tell that just
by reading your post)

I've met a number of people with cancer, serious cancers, since my own.
Some have later died.  But, all of the people who have survived their
cancers that I've known - they have been fighters.   I've never known
a cancer survivor with a passive, resigned to their fate attitude who
has survived a serious cancer.

I don't think oncologists like to talk about this much because it seems
kind of unfair to say that if your a nice person (you don't have a
fighter personality) your definitely gonna die, and if you are an
asshole (you do), your probably gonna live (no guarantees, though).

Fighters have different ways they fight, also, and medical science
really doesn't like arbitrary cures, you know.  They want something
that works all the time for everyone, the same way.  That's why
they love the drugs so much and really dislike the holistic crap.

But I'm pretty sure most of the good medical researchers, if you
nailed them to a wall, they would admit this kind of thing exists,
and I daresay that there's a hell of a lot of drug researchers out
there trying to figure out what drug they can create that will
"switch on" the fighter personality...

Ted