From David Jones <djo...@ena.com>
Subject Re: URIBL_BLOCKED on 2 Fedora 25 servers with working dnsmasq, w/ NetworkManager service
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 17:59:02 GMT
>From: Robert Kudyba <rkudyba@fordham.edu>

>> Wiki page updated and simplified.

>> https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CachingNameserver

>For Fedora, since NetworkMangler (as many are fond to call it) is enabled
>by default it might be worthwhile to mention this comment at, but note that
>/etc/resolv.conf will be managed by dnssec-trigger daemon:
>https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Default_Local_DNS_Resolver
>#How_to_get_Unbound_and_dnssec-trigger_running

>"If you use NetworkManager, configure it to use unbound. Add the
>following line into /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
>dns=unbound"

The wiki says to search for details in other online articles like that link.
I would prefer not to try to keep up with every little detail like this on
this wiki page since it seems to only get updated every 3 years.  In fact,
I was already thinking about removing any detail and just mention the
DNS servers so there are no details to become invalid in a year or two
like the reference to njabl.org.

Would it be beneficial to add a local.cf config option to allow SA to
specify a different DNS server rather than what the OS is using in
/etc/resolv.conf?

Dave