From Jim McLachlan <...@oss-ltd.com>
Subject Re: Problem with massive log files
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 00:10:18 GMT
Hi John,

	I did that a couple of days ago after I ran out of disk space.  It's helped
quite a lot, but only in that it's removed a symptom.

-rw-r----- 1 syslog adm     457498 Apr  5 00:09 /var/log/syslog
-rw-r----- 1 syslog adm     652564 Apr  4 06:33 /var/log/syslog.1
-rw-r----- 1 syslog adm 2766939968 Apr  3 06:45 /var/log/syslog.2.gz
-rw-r----- 1 syslog adm 7074131258 Apr  2 09:20 /var/log/syslog.3.gz

	Kind regards.

	Jim.

--
James R. McLachlan PGDCCI(Open)
Managing Director

Objective Software Services Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 2892148.
Registered office: 11 Percy Terrace, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9RH