From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: Problem with massive log files
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 22:19:44 GMT
On 4/4/2017 6:08 PM, Jim McLachlan wrote:
>     I thought spamfilter was spamassassin.
No, it's not.  It's what we would call the glue.  It's a content filter
script that is reaching out to a spamassassin daemon called spamd using
a lightweight c program called spamc.

SpamD allows for spamassassin to run and daemonize so you don't have to
wait for perl compilation on each and every call.

So it's:

SMTP -> Postfix -> Spamfilter.sh->spamc->spamd and back again

In your master.cf for postfix, do you have anything like smtpd -v to
turn on verbose logging?

Looking at your logs, I see tons of spamfilter calls but not very many
smtp calls.  The logging doesn't have a queueid but checking the size=
and the message id's they appear to be different messages.  So how are
emails getting to spamfilter.sh?  Perhaps that is just because you took
a small snapshot of the logs.

Overall I don't see repetitive logging but the GB size of the logs is
impressive for a server running only 2 SPAMD children...

Regards,
KAM