From dav...@shopblt.com
Subject Re: Bayes refuses to work despite best efforts
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:33:25 GMT
Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote ..

> Am 31.03.2017 um 00:07 schrieb David:
> > The spamassassin log file shows one error consistently:
> >
> > Fri Mar  3 12:36:27 2017 [10104] info: spamd: creating default_prefs: /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs
> > Fri Mar  3 12:36:27 2017 [10104] info: spamd: failed to create readable default_prefs:
> /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs
> >
> > and one error sporadically:
> >
> > warn: plugin: eval failed: bayes: (in learn) locker: safe_lock: cannot create
> tmp lockfile /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock.[mydomain.com].27903 for /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock:
> Permission denied
> >

> > The user_prefs file in /root/.spamassassin/ does exist, and I've given everyone
> permissions to it to attempt to resolve this problem, with no effect:
> > -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root    1273 Mar  1 14:46 user_prefs*
>
> and you gave also /root/ everyone access?
> no - don't do that, but this is not windows and hence when one folder of
> the path don't allow access than access is denied for anything below
>
> how does one come to the conclusion put *anyhting* service related below
> /root?
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SiteWideBayesSetup

Cut me a little break here. I did not come to any conclusion to run it as root. I specified
the user to run as in the command line. Why it's running as root, I don't know. As I said,
I'm not a guru with linux or spamassassin which is why I'm reaching out for help.

Can you elaborate on what I need to change in what file to get the parent to run as user spamd?