From Marc Stürmer <m...@marc-stuermer.de>
Subject Re: learn ham
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 16:15:00 GMT
Am 2017-01-04 10:58, schrieb Nicola Piazzi:

> I found useful to put in cron a little script like this
>
> Each minute cron launch this script that takes messages of last minute
> reading from maillog database

What's the purpose of this script, what's the reasoning behind running
this thingie every minute?

What you do is training the Bayes filter every minute. Training a filter
is something which should never be done unattended, but always
supervised, because if not you will get bad results over time.

There's autolearn in Spamassassin, if it's confident enough that a
message is ham it will act accordingly, normally this is enough when you
trained your initial ham corpus accordingly.

BTW: saving your root password for MySQL in a cronjob script is a very
bad idea, too.