From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: Legit Yahoo mail servers list
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 13:54:10 GMT
>>On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 16:33:24 +0000
>>David Jones <djones@ena.com> wrote:
[deleted]
>>>Read back through this thread.  I never said their SPF record is
>>>invalid. All I said is their SPF record is not common and it makes it
>>>very hard for anyone to know what the official Yahoo outbound mail
>>>servers are.

I have read this thread from start. You have said that their list is not
good, called that a lazy approach and called yahoo people incompetent,
only because others are doing it other way.

>On 1/29/2017 7:42 PM, Dianne Skoll wrote:
[deleted]
>>Can't you just whitelist the domain yahoo.com if
>>and only if it hits SPF "pass"?

not at postscreen level. postscreren is lightweight smtpd frontend for
postfix, designed to filter out bots/zombies - it can score DNSBL blacklists
and whitelists, temporarily blacklist hosts (similar to greylisting, but
only at source IP level) and the only way to avoid that is having the local
whitelist of cidr ranges.

The OP wants to get CIDR ranges of Yahoo to avoid potscreen checks and
blames Yahoo for not having the IP ranges in SPF records, because he uses SW
named postwhite that extracts such lists from SPF records of given domains,
and it can't be used with yahoo.com because of their SPF.

On 29.01.17 23:40, Rob McEwen wrote:
[deleted]
>I know you mentioned that Yahoo may want to have the flexibility to
>change their IPs. But instead of providing a list, they could also
>provide a link to a web page listing the IPs (like what Comcast does)
>- and then just update that web page whenever their IPs change. This
>isn't rocket science.

they do and it has been mentioned:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN23997.html
I'm not interested in your website anymore.
If you need cookies, bake them yourself.