From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: How does sa know when pyzor sees a spam msg?
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2017 18:00:04 GMT
On 21.01.17 11:20, Harry Putnam wrote:
>I'm looking to understand the actual mechanism whereby pyzor tells sa
>it thinks a message is spam.
>
>What does sa look for.

that's problem of Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor plugin.

>My sa setup allows sa to insert X-Spam headers and then procmail looks
>for certain of those
>
>  :0fw
>  | /usr/bin/spamc
>
>  :0:
>
>So does pyzor insert something I can tell procmail to lookfor or does
>pyzor somehow tell SA a msg is spam and then sa inserts something I
>can tell procmail to look for?
>
>What is the actual mechanism between pyzor and sa.  How do they
>converse.

well, SA does use the pyzor output. It's quite irelevant how.
The point is, when pyzor reports message as spam, SA increases its score, so
the probability of mail being detected as spam is higher.

>How is it all found by procmail?

exactly as you use above. It also does not matter if you use pyzor, all
checks SA uses are evaluated that way.

Simply install pyzor (razor, dcc, ...), activate SA plugins and let SA do
the job.